Lime is an air-hardening inorganic cementitious material with calcium oxide as the main component. It is made from limestone, dolomite, chalk and other minerals with high calcium carbonate content and calcined at 1000-1100°C.
Lime with higher purity can be used in pharmaceutical, food additives, sugar, chemical, pesticide and other industries; lime with higher activity can be used in metallurgy and smelting industries; lime with higher whiteness is in coatings, papermaking and other industries.
Main uses of lime are as follows:
1. Power station: Lime is a cheap alkali that is widely used to remove acid gas released by power stations.
2. Sewage treatment: Lime can be used to treat waste and sewage water to neutralize acid and reduce nutrients such as phosphorus and nitrogen.
3. Sugar beet/sugar processing: Sugar manufacturers use lime to extract impurities from sugar beets and sugar cane to precipitate impurities. Lime can also be used to neutralize the smell of beet washing and transportation.
4. Fish farming: Farms can use the PH value of hydrated lime to control, increase the acidic ponds and lakes, in order to make the environment more suitable for aquatic (fish) organisms, therefore, lime maintains a suitable habitat for fish farmers.
5. Iron and steel manufacturing: The main use of quicklime and dolomite lime as the co-solvent impurity alkaline oxygen steelmaking process, in addition, lime is also used to desulfurize pig iron, which is very important in the arc steelmaking process.
Pharmaceutical: Lime can be used to make many inorganic salts, such as calcium phosphate, which is often used as a toothpaste additive.
6. Aerated concrete block: a mixture of lime, cement, sand, water and aluminum powder to form a honeycomb structured block with excellent heat and sound insulation properties.
Limestone needs to be calcined before it can be better used. Among the many calcining equipment, the environmentally friendly lime kiln is a special equipment for processing this mineral. The environmentally friendly lime kiln is designed according to the properties of limestone and has unique advantages.